Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alien Abduction and Laptop Compliance

For the past couple of days my laptop has been WARNING ME URGENTLY that it is too full and needs help, kind of like a little kid on a long car ride.
I ignored it, cause I just didn't have the time to pull over and let it . . . whatever, um look through and delete files.
It must have worked through the night, adding more and more files and pictures and incomplete songs until it got too crowded and refused to start. It kept getting stuck on the first DELL Inspiron screen, the bar would load halfway across and stop. Aargh.
I swore. I jumped around. I left the room and counted to ten. I had a drink. Then I came back, turned it off, unplugged the cord, and did the only thing I knew how to do. I took the battery out and put it back in, thus magically reminding the laptop that it can start with just a cord. I don't know why that would work, since the battery has been dead for over a year. I don't know why I would do that anyway, as it should logically have nothing to do with booting failure. I can only assume that some mysterious chip planted in my brain by aliens years ago connected intuitively to my laptop and knew what to do. I am usually a rational, reasonable person, as you can tell from my blog, and I can come up with no other answer.

No comments: