Friday, August 28, 2009

Was it Worth $100 to go to the County Fair?

Here's what I got for my money:

  • 2 Jumbo bags of Cotton Candy
  • A short ride on the Merry-Go-Round with 10 noisy teenagers who got in trouble for facing the WRONG WAY (nope, I don't know them).
  • Fifteen minutes on the Ferris Wheel which included at least 2 minutes of terror at the very top as the people under me laughed. They knew me.
  • A nice long talk with Haley's boyfriend who had Candy Apple dripping off his nose, while she stood in line for one of the rides without him.
  • The look on her face when she saw me talking to him.
  • Two dozen sneezes after visiting the chickens.
  • Being used as a towel three times by children with wet, sticky hands.
  • The guilt on the face of an old roommate who screwed me financially by running out on our lease. I love guilt.
  • This paper bracelet that says "Dreamland Amusement, Inc." that I won't take off until it falls off.
  • A stomach ache from all the cotton candy.
  • 3 happy children

1 comment:

abrah said...

Totally sounds worth it. :-)