Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Refuse To Be A Morning Person

5:45 This Morning

I was awake, staring at the ceiling.

Why?

There is still a week of summer vacation. No one needs to get up yet. And I'm awake. I just KNOW that once school starts and all the alarm clocks start going off at various times: 5:00, 6:00, 6:45 --that I will groggily drag my old ass out of bed, wander through the morning with eyes half shut attempting to kick the girls out the door to school before crawling back to bed or the couch to get another hour of sleep. I will wake up in the late morning to realize that I haven't DONE ANYTHING with my day and by the time I'm done the normal chores of washing the dishes and picking up from the morning's tornado, I will discover that it is 3:00 and the bus is on it's way to drop them off and I'm still in my PAJAMAS. So I'll quickly get dressed and look like I've had a busy and exhausting day so that they'll think I was actually doing something.

Hungry. Am I hungry at 5:45 in the morning? How could I be hungry when I fed you steak and potatoes and corn and hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps last night? Late last night.

Everytime I wake up hungry at this hour my first thought is that I must be pregnant. All the rumblings and the gas bubbles moving around under my skin--like an alien has made its home in my pudge. What else could it be? I'm not going to feed you!

I can lay here in bed and try to go back to sleep, but the more I want it, the less likely it is ever going to happen. I may as well get up and try to look productive. Then I can take a nap before dinner. :)

No comments: